The X-Honours Congrestival takes place at NHL Stenden University at Rengerslaan 8-10 in Leeuwarden. For a detailed route description, click here. There are parking lots around the Congrestival where you can park your car. An exit ticket can be obtained from us when you register. To plan your route by public transport, click here.
The dream of Frisian youth will become reality from 1 to 14 July 2018: in Fryslân all people will travel with sustainable means of transport. Electric cars and taxis, shared cars, green gas buses, segways, recumbents, electric boats and other special vehicles will determine the traffic picture from the provincial borders. The Elfwegentocht: two weeks party without a drop of petrol!
NHL Stenden naturally participates in this beautiful initiative. The whole education is participating! On the Day of Sustainability all MBO and HBO institutions have signed up to take part in the Elfwegentocht. That’s why we want to ask you to come to our school for this Congress of fossils too!
1. Every 10 minutes from Leeuwarden Station, bus 612 leaves for NHL Stenden from bus stop O
2. In the bicycle parking under Leeuwarden Station you can get OV bikes – it is about 10 minutes by bike to our school
3. Still with the car? Then come on blue diesel, this sustainable fuel is fossil free and can be used in any diesel engine. Look for refueling points in Friesland at https://elfwegentocht.nl/blauwe-diesel-tanklocaties-in-fryslan/
4. Cars that run on green gas or electric are also very welcome: do you take hitchhikers with you? Elevator signs have been installed throughout the province!
5. Students of the NHL Stenden University of applied sciences organize a fun performance on the Electric Blue train of Leeuwarden – do you also step in?